Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm in love!






I know its completely crazy to go gaga over fabric, i am recently new to this but when I saw this vintage floral fabric i knew it would be delicious on Miss S.  


I didn't know what i was going to create with it so its just been sitting there taunting me until i found this tutorial i had bookmarked @ Prudent Baby for the Peasant Blouse. i knew it would be perfect! 



The only things that wasn't perfect was adapting the pattern to fit Miss S who is nearly 6. I found adding on about 4" to the pattern seemed to do ok for what I needed. 




I added a tie to the top just under her arms and left out the gathering at the waist! Totally delicious! I love how the colours go so well with Miss S's fair complexion.


I found the tutorial pretty easy to follow considering I am a novice sewer, which wasn't made any easier by the fact that i was trying to measure and pin while she was sleeping ( yip bad mummy), she didn't mind though :)


I am so happy with how this turned out i will definitely be making another but maybe in  a knit material so its not so ridged and maybe making it into a dress for summer, Perfect!!

-Lisa

2 comments:

  1. hi there, saw the words "vintage fabric" on your blog over at KMB and couldn't resist a peek :)
    GORGEOUS fabric (and equally gorgeous girl)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its divine isnt it?I think i will have to go out and buy some more to keep in my stash just in case :)

    ReplyDelete